Choose to be free

Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open…?

8 Responses to Choose to be free

1. yourothermotherhere says:

I’ve often wondered that myself and usually the basic reason behind all the rest is fear.

• Yea, it is definitely fear and always a choice. Great post Julien!

Of course it is fear.

We can speak of it…reason intelligently about fear´s nature.

But what do we do when we find ourselves face to face with its icy claws?
        That´s the question…It is in those critical moments we have to see the door…

2. yourothermotherhere says:

Yes it is.

I remember when one of my sisters and her husband brought home a 6 week old puppy. The breeder told them that the puppy would like the cage as it gave them the feeling of security. I think many people are the same way. The woman who is beaten by her husband, the employee who hates their job, the parolee who commits another crime—the choice is made to stay with what is known rather than to take that first fearful step out of the cage.

• seeingwhatis says:

Belief make you suffer from fear in those situations. The prison is not the problem. After seeing what is you have no problem taking a beating or spending life in prison. Only people living in illusion have these problems – and therefore life will give them the very same. As they need it to give up their fear. By living in fear. Nothing wrong with that.

3. kristiina says:

Hehe, there’s a poker-playing site ad riding your post…Kinda describes the situation: for some, playing poker is freedom they yearn for, for me it would be prison. Shoveling horse-poop is freedom to me, but would be prison for many, maybe for all those dreaming about playing poker. Who is in prison? Is it for me to judge? And fear: why is it always the scapegoat? Fear is the first form of consciousness. No fear, no individual. Of course, there’s inappropriate fear, but that’s a problem of our conditioning, not fear.

4. seeingwhatis says:

There is no need for fear. Fear is egos safe. That simple. See that and fear goes away. Instantly.

5. seeingwhatis says:

We stand outside, trying to believe in the prison. But mind made it up. So we will never get in. See what is, and accept it. You are allready IT.