Only the un-fragmented – Love – can heal us from gloom and depression

He says:
“Understanding the problem is half of the solution. Not trying to ‘overcome’ depresssion makes me feel that I am not striving towards making progress as a person. Yes I can see your point. If one is constantly striving for progress without being satisfied in the present state of self, one is always living for a future self. Since the notion progress is elusive and since there is always a possibility of further progress one will never reach at the future self one is projecting. As a consequence one will never be satisfied and hence won’t accept oneself. Let me accept my self as I am. We all are imperfect; then why are you so worried?

Me:
I will make a short detour in order to make my point, which is anything but speculation:

Are there different degrees in Love?

Is Love a matter of “more” or “less”? – Or can it be so that True Loving is an intrinsic act of totality?

What do we know about totality when our approach to Life is strictly fragmentary? We do live fragmentarily, don´t we?, our so-called awareness to everything being conditioned by the gap between different fragments, can you see that?

The gap – which is fear – is our real problem, that fragmented relation to Life is our daily bread.

Consequently, we live in  Fear, as we are always “half the way” to anything, meaning that we are never “total” in none of our undertakings.

Now, if our understanding was pervasive, there would be a total solution too.

Quite logical – half of the solution is being rendered by the half of our understanding.

If you really envisaged my point, you would grasp that what you call “striving toward progress” here, is nothing but creating a bigger and bigger gap between your different inner fragments, or conflicts.

You are thus motivated by the maintaining of the conflict – moving from fear to another fear – which gives you a sense of “progress”.

That´s unfortunately what progress means for most people – holding to and maintaining the conflict, because they imagine that the absence of conflict would make them stagnate.

You see, “let me accept myself as I am” is but a verbal subterfuge, if you choose to stick with half of the truth.

We are neither perfect nor imperfect.

We have actual reasons to worry when we live in half measures, because that will maintain the gap – our fear.

Only the un-fragmented – Love – can heal us from gloom and depression. Only the act of total understanding can save us from living in fear, conflict and despondency.

6 Responses to Only the un-fragmented – Love – can heal us from gloom and depression

1. overcoming depression says:

Hi Julien,
    Thaks for this great post. I can see your point. But I am afraid that it might take time for me to see your points more clearly and internalise it. Thank you once again
    Hug,
    Niranjan

Just remember Niranjan,

Man has invented time as a means to escape the here and now.

We all suffer from this dilemma – including me -, hoping that things are going to get better, that time will solve the problem.

Bad news: it won´t… – tomorrow is just a modified continuation of what is now.

The only key to transformation is being aware of this problem – that time is escape.

If you were attacked by a tiger, you wouldn´t have time to ponder and postpone, but would deal with the danger right then, in the moment.

We don´t see the inherent danger in our defective way of living, and so we procrastinate,
      all the more deceiving ourselves, thinking we have time.

There is no time!

Realizing this, we might feel that ineffable glimpse – the timeless – and once having had this
      contact with The Timeless Second, we can trust that It will initiate a new process inside of us.

Hugs back to you

Julien

• overcoming depression says:

Yes Julien, I can see your point. Thanks for your love and support. You take care.
        Hug,
        Niranjan

You see,

Writing to you clears up the way for me too.

I tell you this: it´s a hell of an undertaking to stay and confront the pain and inner chaos. We all need support and encouragement from those who dare take this insidious journey.

I take the risk…

You may take it too…

There is no other way if we want a life in dignity.

Once we clear up, the whole world clears up along with us.

As it happens, I found an excerpt from one of Eckhart Tolle´s talks. He says more or less the same thing as I do, but in different words:

“The important thing to know is that time does not free you of karma. The egoic mind says “I need more time to become free”. The only thing that people may need more time for is that they need time to realize that they do not need time”. It may be another twenty years of suffering for them to realize that they do not need time. They may need to suffer a bit more before they realize the power of the timeless. The timeless is of course the end of karma.”

2. overcoming depression says:

Hi Julien,
    I can see your point. I am there with you for the risky trip. You are absolutely true to say that ‘Once we clear up, the whole world clears up along with us’. Thank you so much.
    Hug,