What I am involves what you are

The problem is

We haven´t been taught to feel that way.

The myths underlying our culture and underlying our common sense
have not taught us to be identical with the Universe – but only
parts of it, only in it, only confronting it.

– Allan Watts

This is not some kind of far-fetched and unsubstantiated
statement for the deluded, IT IS FACT:

You cannot define yourself in the absence of another.

We all need to appropriate the evident meaning of this
namely that NOTHING IS SEPARATED.

It means PRACTICALLY that Life is Togetherness.

WE ARE EACH OTHER´S MIRROR.

You and me are not just random parts in a lifeless Universe
confronting and struggling each other for supremacy, we are
identical, sharing the same grand adventure:

L I F E

13 Responses to What I am involves what you are

1. Mélanie says:

@”WE ARE EACH OTHER´S MIRROR.” – c’est une boutade, of course… 🙂
    Have a nice Friday and a relaxing weekend! amitiés toulousaines, Mélanie

Disons que c’est une boutade métaphysique 😉

Mersi de urare.

Ginduri bune de la Stklm

PS Am auzit ca la Aix a nins – imi zicea o amica. Si la tine…?

2. Swarn Gill says:

This line:

“You cannot define yourself in the absence of another.” Has just struck a chord with me. It’s not a new chord to me, but it’s a chord I haven’t played in awhile. It is interesting how even some fantastic chords when solitary and alone sort of just fade away, but sometimes you hear that same chord with a whole bunch of other chords and all of sudden there is music. 🙂

I like what you say here.

I get very well where you come from because I am a composer…When you have managed to hear the meaningful “noise” around, the same solitary chord strikes open a totally new perception…

Do u play an instrument?

• Swarn Gill says:

Not at all. Pretty good with my iPod though. I think I got that center button finally figured out. It somehow does everything. 😉

Haha…

Why don´t you experiment with an instrument?

It´s never too late. I have a good friend – a psychiatrist.
        He always wanted to play the piano. He just started now at 35 🙂

• Swarn Gill says:

I have always wanted to play the drums. I blame my dad. He was also someone who always wanted to play percussion instruments and never did. lol But I won’t insult you by making too many excuses. They are generally expensive and loud…with a new baby on the way, I may wait on that. 🙂 However, I will do it. It’s definitely not something that I figure I am too old for. 🙂

Interesting.

I know they are expensive and loud. but if you are urged you can tap on the table – or on the wall…or wherever :)) – I do it…’

I actually hear overwhelmingly complex rhythms within…It´s such a joy to let myself in their spell…

So go for it 🙂

• Swarn Gill says:

Oh I tap it all…tables, walls, steering wheel. I keep hoping that one day my wife won’t be embarrassed by me in public. Hasn’t happened yet, but I’m refuse to lose hope. LOL

Hahaha – that´s what I imagined…

If you have facebook add me there if you feel like

julien.matei stockholm

3. Gede Prama says:

Amazing and thank you friend… @ ^_^ kindness blossoms in your heart